Diffstat (limited to 'NEWS')
1 files changed, 10 insertions, 9 deletions
@@ -2,9 +2,9 @@ Version 0.11.0
* Initial work on header unit importation and include translation support.
- In particular, for GCC, the module mapper approach is now used to handle
- header unit importation, include translation, and headers dependency
- extraction, all with support for auto-generated headers.
+ In particular, for GCC, the (experimental) module mapper approach is now
+ used to handle header unit importation, include translation, and headers
+ dependency extraction, all with support for auto-generated headers.
* Generalized target/prerequisite variable blocks.
@@ -44,10 +44,11 @@ Version 0.11.0
In certain cases we may need to instruct the underlying tool (compiler,
linker, etc) to produce additional outputs. For example, we may want to
- request the compiler to produce an assembler listing and a linker to
- produce a map file. While we can pass the required options, the resulting
- files will not be part of the build state. Specifically, they will not be
- cleaned and we cannot use them as prerequisites of other targets.
+ request the compiler to produce an assembler listing or the linker to
+ produce a map file. While we could already pass the required options, the
+ resulting files will not be part of the build state. Specifically, they
+ will not be cleaned up and we cannot use them as prerequisites of other
Ad hoc target groups allow us to specify that updating a target produces
additional outputs, called ad hoc group members. For example:
@@ -74,7 +75,7 @@ Version 0.11.0
$ b create: exp-conf/,cc config.cxx=g++ config.cxx.std=experimental
- * New --dry-run|-n option instructs build rules to print command without
+ * New --dry-run|-n option instructs build rules to print commands without
actually executing them.
Note that commands that are required to create an accurate build state will
@@ -99,7 +100,7 @@ Version 0.11.0
The new config.bin.rpath_link and config.bin.rpath_link.auto have the same
semantics as config.bin.rpath* but for rpath-link.
- * Enable MSVC strict mode (/permissive-) for experimental standard starting
+ * Enable MSVC strict mode (/permissive-) for 'experimental' standard starting
from version 15.5.