Diffstat (limited to 'build2/cxx/link.cxx')
1 files changed, 13 insertions, 9 deletions
diff --git a/build2/cxx/link.cxx b/build2/cxx/link.cxx
index a2f3a4f..fdaab55 100644
@@ -879,16 +879,16 @@ namespace build2
args.push_back (soname2.c_str ());
- // Add rpaths. First the ones specified by the user so that they take
- // precedence.
+ // Add rpaths. We used to first add the ones specified by the user so
+ // that they take precedence. But that caused problems if we have old
+ // versions of the libraries sitting in the rpath location (e.g.,
+ // installed libraries). And if you think about this, it's probably
+ // correct to prefer libraries that we explicitly imported to the
+ // ones found via rpath.
- if (auto l = t["bin.rpath"])
- for (const dir_path& p: cast<dir_paths> (l))
- sargs.push_back ("-Wl,-rpath," + p.string ());
- // Then the paths of the shared libraries we are linking to. Unless
- // this is update for install, in which case we have to do something
- // different.
+ // Note also that if this is update for install, then we don't add
+ // rpath of the imported libraries (i.e., we assume the are also
+ // installed).
for (target* pt: t.prerequisite_targets)
@@ -908,6 +908,10 @@ namespace build2
append_rpath_link (sargs, *ls);
+ if (auto l = t["bin.rpath"])
+ for (const dir_path& p: cast<dir_paths> (l))
+ sargs.push_back ("-Wl,-rpath," + p.string ());
// All the options should now be in. Hash them and compare with the db.